I’ve gotten a few nominations for blogging awards over the past few months, and though I usually feel grateful for the acknowledgement, I never take action on them (for no particular reason). Today, when I got another one, I thought I should participate this time.
Thank you 6 Months to Live! Your blog inspires me to keep going, and I so appreciate all of the support you have given me.
Today, I was nominated for 2 awards. The first one being, Liebster Blog Award. The award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers that deserves a little more recognition (Yes, I too believe my blog deserves a little more love). There are a few simple rules that go along with the award:
1. Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog. Thank you Jackie!
2. Nominate 5 other blogs
3. Spread the good blog karma.
Lastly, don’t forget to add the Liebster blog award image to your post.
5 blogs I draw inspiration from (in no particular order):
1. Ofcourse 6 months to Live: The experiment Continues.
Award Number 2:
And the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post
7 Random Things About Me:
1. I am actually an Air Force Veteran. I’ve shot a machine gun and lived in Korea twice (If you met me in person, the shock value of that statement is PRICELESS).
2. I think the most magical time of day is between the hours of 4 a.m. and 6:30 a.m…. and I try to wake up that early as much as possible. (I am SO an early morning person and oddly enough, I function much better if I rise before the sun).
3. I do actually believe the best in all people…. and I really do believe that together we can create a more peaceful world.
4. I have a deep desire to get involved with documentary film making.
5. I lived in my car by choice for close to a year and LOVED IT.
6. Sometimes I get all excited to go to bed just so I can wake up and have coffee in the morning.
7. Through Basic Training all the way to a bout of “homelessness,” and everything in between, I’ve always had one constant companion and cuddle buddy. John- the teddy bear I’ve had since I was six (Okay, they did lock him away when I was at boot camp).
15 Blogs I gain inspiration from:
1. A Clean Surface: Simplicity, organization, inspiration, minimalism, humor…and reality. Rayme’s blogs tend to remind of a mixture of who I’ve become and who I used to be, and somehow reading her words keeps me connected to my center and that gives me comfort.
2. Grounding My Roots. I completely enjoy Emily’s refreshing zest for life, and I am inspired by her working to ground her roots back in China.
3. From The Bungalow. I was totally addicted when I stumbled upon their post about shaving their heads for charity (I’m sort of a compulsive do-gooder who has always wanted to shave my head, so I lived vicariously though them that day).
4. Phoenix Plains: Rediscovering Self, Life and Happiness. I completely enjoy Kate’s writing style and particularly enjoy her Friday Funday posts (they make me smile).
5. I came across Elena’s blog today and was incredibly inspired. So much to derive inspiration from at her site .
6. Of Parchments and Ink: On Living a Writers Life. Need I say more about how I find inspiration in her blog?
7. Sam Watson Media: I write. How’s that for no fluff?
8. I just stumbled across this one today and found much needed inspiration: Learning to Live Outside my Box
10. And, I’m a total foodie. I enjoy all varieties from die hard vegan organic cuisine to the unhealthiest deep fat fried delishness. Though the past few years, I have misplaced and disowned my inner domestic goddess, I do so enjoy Special Forks Blog.
11. The Background Story: We write the stories you will never tell.
12. Kathryns writing is absoluetely exquisite and her story is amazing. Check out her blog here: Reinventing the Horizon.
13. Leadership Freak. I believe the title says it all.
14. Strangers to Friends! Carlyn’s mission to turn strangers into friends is truly inspiring to me!
15. Anita has such a knack for saying something completely inspirational in 500 words or less. I always feel refreshed after reading her posts.